Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Rainbow Cake

Hi stampers!  I'm back with more cakes today!  And speaking of cake, I NEED to get everything together to make cupcakes this weekend for Ian.  He turns THREE on Saturday!!!!  I suppose I should work on making him a card too;-)

Anyway, I don't know that I can make a real rainbow cake (I'm not much of a baker...I at least think I can handle the Moana cupcakes he wants...I hope lol) but I made a pretty cute one out of paper!  I've had this idea for a while but finally sat down to make it this past weekend.


Don't mind the two little spots of ink.  There was a splattering incident before I took my photos. Whoops!  Anyway, I used a variety of ink pads to make my icing colors.  I let them dry before doing the next one.  I may try another and let them bleed together more to see how that looks too.  Edited to add:  I've had a lot of questions about the cake.  It's very simple which is why I didn't give a big explanation.  It's simply the die cut (and I cut out two, one from watercolor paper and one from silver foil and cut and pasted so that the cake stand is silver) and watercolored.  I used an aqua painter and all the colors listed below.  Make one stripe and that's it.  Also, I did not use the coordinating stamp set which is why it's not listed below.  I used happy birthday gorgeous for the sentiment.  I hope that helps.

Also, don't forget that customers can get their hands on the Carols of Christmas set and card front builder thinlit dies starting TODAY!



And now I want some cake!

Happy stamping! Product List
Product List

5 comments:

  1. So how did you do the layers of cake? Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I explained in the post. They are simply watercolored. Quick and easy!

      Delete
    2. Was it just pieces of cardstock or a stamp.

      Delete
    3. It's a die cut. Celebration thinlits from the annual catalog.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...